Monday, November 2, 2009

Luscious Lunch

Now it's taken me a bit longer than it should have to get back here. Not good but I have been so busy. We need double the amount of dehydrators.. so contact me if you have one you would like to sell.. :)

Back to the next main meal of the day.. Lunch! For some this is a fairly substantial meal for others it's more like another snack.. I am more the snack type lunch as I am more of an evening eater. I tried for many years to fight it. We are taught to eat our largest meal for dinner usually followed by a dessert of some sort. Then as we get older we are told to eat a large breakfast, a medium lunch and a small dinner. For me that just doesn't work. It just tends to make me food obsessive where I just want to eat all day and the energy required for digestion zaps me. I just feel extremely unproductive.. I figured it’s just not how I am supposed to eat! But for some it is perfect. I recommend that you go with whatever makes you feel the best and then adjust it to suit your needs as in making healthy meal choices.

Here are some great ideas..

Lunch meals:

  • Green smoothie
  • Large salad with avocado
  • Raw sushi
  • Lettuce rollups – lettuce with grated carrot, zucchini, beetroot, sprouts, avocado or Sunflower seeds pate rolled up on a Cos or Romaine lettuce leaf. They are amazingly delicious and so quick and easy.
  • Vegetable Pasta with Tomato Salsa and avocado
  • Vegetable Bolognaise – Spiralized zucchini, pumpkin, carrot etc with raw tomato sauce and nut cheese. Add a few crackers either crushed up or sprinkled over the top, or just as substitute bread.
  • Mixed salad of Lettuce, rocket, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, onion, celery, fresh corn, with a few crushed nuts, avocado and your favourite dressing.
  • Sandwich made from crackers filled with tomato, lettuce, and avocado or fillings of your choice.
  • Crackers with dip.. Curry almond dip, Sunflower pate, Guacamole, Tomato salsa.. etc.








No comments:

Post a Comment