Gee whizz, I haven't been here for a long time. I have some new recipes I am going to add over the next couple of weeks. Still love my raw food, it just makes you feel so good!!!
I know this doesn't look gorgeous but it taste it!!! I just used a pyrex dish. If you use a spring form pan you can get it to look much better. I was in a hurry to get something nice done for morning tea..this is quick and easy.
Raw banana passionfruit & fig cake with
coconut sugar lemon frosting
Makes 1 med cake – serves 8-10
2 cups ground sprouted and dehydrated nuts and seeds - grind in either a food precossor or a blender.
¾ cup dehydrated coconut sugar
¾ cup low temp dried coconut or fresh grated coconut
½ tsp mixed spice
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 lge tsp ground vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla powder
3 extra ripe lady finger bananas
5 dried figs – chopped
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl
- Blend bananas then add to the mix with the passionfruit and figs.
- Mix until thoroughly combined then press into a cling film lined pan, dish or bowl – the shape and size is up to you and your imagination
- Refrigerate or freeze while you make the frosting
- 1 cup cashew
- ½ cup dehydrated coconut sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Soak cashew in filtered water for a couple of hours
- Rinse cashews then add just enough water to nearly reach the top of them in the small cup of a magic bullet or Tribest personal blender
- Add coconut sugar and zest and blend with the flat blade until smooth and creamy
- Pour over cake and gently spread
Option: add a little zest and coconut to decorate