Bush lemons are abundant at the moment and they are divine. Precious Katie has been bringing them in for me regularly as well as a few limes .. now they are really special!! She gets them from a tree growing wild in the hinterland. Perfect, no sprays, no polution!
I also had some freeze dried blueberry powder I needed to use up. The result of that is this cheezecake type swirl.
The ingredients make this a perfect after training snack.. gotta be happy with that!
1 cup of active mix or equal amount of any other nut or seed. (Preferably sprouted and dehydrated)
½ cup sultanas (raisins)
½ t each of cinnamon and vanilla bean
Squirt of agave or enough to bring it together or to taste!
· Process active mix or nuts in a food processor with the S blade until fine. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it sticks together when pressed into a ball.
· Press into a baking paper lined cheesecake tin. Place in the fridge or freezer while you prepare the filling.
1 ½ cups cashews – soaked in filtered water for a least 2hrs
Juice and zest of 2 bush lemons. (Normal lemons would be fine)
½ - 2/4 cup dark raw agave
2 large scoops of Sunworrier vanilla protein powder
1 tbs freeze dried blueberry powder (or fresh/frozen, about ½ cup)
½ tsp guar gum
· Rinse and drain cashews then add enough filtered water to just cover them in a high speed blender. I use the Sunbeam Café series 1100 watt and it is fine. If you have a vitamix!! Lucky you. J
· Add the lemon juice, zest and agave and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to add more water or agave depending on your taste.
· Add the protein powder and blend it in. then with the motor still running slowly rain the guar gum into the blender through the little hole at the top until it is nice and thick with no lumps. It is important to keep the motor running as it can clump.
· Dollop about 5 big spoons full or a little over half of the mix onto the base. Leave it until you add the blueberry mix
· Add the blueberries to the rest of the mix and blend until it is back to the smooth creamy consistency again. Dollop the rest into the base around the lemon cream.
· Note: if you used fresh or frozen blueberries and it made the mix too runny you can add more guar gum and agave or just freeze it that will help it stabilize.
· Carefully with the handle of a spoon swirl the two mixes until you get a lovely combination of colours, don’t overdo it or it will turn to mud!! Tap it gently on the bench the settle the mix and smooth the top as much as you can then place it back into the fridge or freeze until it is set.